Job detailsOur Houghton Regis based client with a global presence, is looking for a temp to perm Accounts Receivable assistant to join their team.
Salary: £20,000pa / £10-10.50ph Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (35 hrs per week)
Company Profile: a global brand with a great reputation and a professional fun outlook!
Purpose of the Role
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of customer accounts
Overview of the Role
- Cash application
- Process and post credit card, cheque and BACS payments. Monitor and resolve unallocated cash by requesting remittances and issuing refunds where required
- Direct Debits
- Prepare Direct Debit collection run ensuring collection timetable is met. Enter new Direct Debit Instructions or amendments received from customers or the bank.
- Raise and send out invoices and credit notes in a timely manner paying due consideration to month end cut off.
- Account queries
- Monitor the accounts email inbox to ensure queries are actioned promptly and investigate and resolve customer queries where necessary.
- Cash collection support
- Working with closely with the Senior Credit Controller to facilitate swift payment of invoices by sending payment reminders.
- Record keeping
- Maintain Accounts Receivable records including cash receipts, credit note requests, direct debit Instructions.
- Setting up new accounts
- Set up new accounts and maintain correct details for existing customers.
- Ad Hoc
Someone with accounts receivable experience (1 yr plus)
A great team player that
Great communication skills
A positive, can do attitude
Organised and methodical
Self starter and reliable
Good IT skills esp Word and Excel
AAT part/qualified Level 2 +
The client is looking to interview for this role asap with a view of starting asap. So please send your cv to James Newbury Appointments if you believe you are the right Accounts Receivable person for this role. If we do not respond within 3 working days, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted in this instance. Please do keep an eye out for other roles that may be more suited to you as we would love to work with you if we can.