Position – Admin/ Trainee Paraplanner
Purpose of role is to provide paraplanning support ensuring the highest possible standard of client service delivery that is consistent, compliant and provided proactively as well as mindful of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) at all times.
Working closely with Financial Advisers and existing Paraplanner, to support the client advisory process, playing a key role in providing an all-important, quality sales support function through effective use of software, as well as following set processes and procedures.
Primary duties / Key Responsibilities
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Submit Letter of Authorities to the relevant providers.
- Undertake quotes using relevant platforms and providers.
- Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including:
- Fund analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund research
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs
- Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as necessary.
- Proceed with preparation of the pack for the client.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
- Record, monitor and report on progress of applications adding to workflow spreadsheets.
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser, so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
- Ensure that potential service delivery failures are brought to the attention of the Financial Adviser, that resolution is swift and work together to revise process so that the likelihood of repeat errors is lessened.
- Support the Treating your Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative.
- Demonstrable paraplanning experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and proficiency in research tools ideally to include at least some of the following:
- Pension research: O&M or Selectapension
- Fund & Portfolio research: FE Analytics
- Protection: Assureweb
- Annuity research: Assureweb
- Cash flow research: Voyant & Distribution Technology
- Risk profiler: Defaqto
- Product comparison: Defaqto
- Experience of, or understanding and a willingness to work with a centralised investment proposition, including:
- Single fund multi-asset/multi-manager solutions
- Discretionary Fund Managers
- Model Portfolios
- Proven ability to work with suitability reports.
- The ability to prioritise and juggle workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25K pa
- Admin/ Paraplanning: 2 years