If you are keen to get a solid career in an engineering company that is going places and a great place to work, then read on!
Due to rapid company growth and demand of this companies specialist products and materials, our Leighton Buzzard client is looking to expand their team team with the addition of an experienced Saw Operator -full training will be given on their CNC saws for the successful person.
This will be ideally on a temp to perm basis .
Role of the Saw Operator
- you will be responsible for liaising with the team leader and sales team to ensure all orders are adhered to for cutting
- you will be responsible for operating the band saw (training will be provided)
- you will be cutting and operating the saw to specific measurements and requirements
- you will be working with various materials cutting back these raw materials to the orders required
- you will be a dedicated team player ensuring cohesive working with all the team and departments at all times
- you will work to and comply with health and safety standards at all times
- you will have experience of working in an engineering company
About You as a Saw Operator:
- you will be an excellent communicator both verbal and written with a good command of English language to ensure health and safety in this busy engineering environment
- you will be a proactive person with the ability to use your initiative to think ahead
- you will have at least 1 years minimum experience of working in a busy warehouse/engineering environment
- if you will have worked on saws that would be great, but training will be given for the right person with the right attitude and outlook
- you will have a passion for engineering
- you will be a quick learner to pick up and learn about all the raw materials used so as you can progress in your job and career
- a competitive perm salary of £21,000 rising by £1,000 after successful probation ( temp to perm then pro rata is paid per hour ie 9.00-10ph)
- overtime paid at time and a half (where agreed)
- free parking
- a contributory pension scheme
Hours of Work
Mon-Fri 40 hours per week
Shift 1 for 1 month - 7.30am - 4pm
Shift 2 for following month - 11am - 730pm
Every Friday despite the shift is 10am - 6.30pm
This is an immediate start for the right person and may possibly be a temporary to permanent basis - so please send your details to James Newbury Appointments as soon as you can if you are interested in this career opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.