Job detailsCredit Controller required to join this central Luton, Beds based company.
Salary: £19-21,000 Hours: Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm (7.25 hrs per day)
monthly credit control bonus subject to criteria (circa £150-200 per month)
annual company performance - profit related bonus
holidays -23 rising to a max of 30 due to length of service plus bank hols
The Credit Controller will be working closely with other members of the Accounts Team and reporting to the Financial Controller. They will be responsible for undertaking tasks associated with the
management of sales, purchase and general ledgers, the main duties being credit control (approx 80-90% of the time).
Qualifications & Experience Required
The following qualifications, experience and skills are anticipated to be required in the role:
- Ideally 3 years’ or so previous experience in a credit control accounts role.
- Undertaking a diverse range of tasks within the ledger functions and liaising with customers by email and over the telephone so excellent communication skills, written and verbal are a must
- Experience of debtors, allocating cash; reconciling accounts; conducting credit checks; securing credit references; maintaining databases and processing credit notes
- Experience in cash collection and risk management; understanding of debit notes
- Exporting customer accounts and reconciling to debtors report
- Experience of processing journals; allocating payments to the general ledger; reconciling cashbooks and bank statements.
- Ability to work in a Team, communicating positively, solutions focused and multi-tasking
Someone who takes responsibility for actions, projects and people.
Someone who takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
Someone who initiates and generates activity.
An individual that focuses on customer needs and expectations.
Who sets high standards for quality and quantity.
Who can monitor and maintain quality and productivity.
Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way, consistently achieving project goals.
This company has an excellent credit control department and reputation, achieved by an excellent team. So if you feel you have the right skills and attitude to be a part of them, then please send your CV to James Newbury Appointments asap. If we do not respond within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have not been shortlisted on this occasion but please do keep an eye for other opportunities as we would love to work with you.