Design Engineer / Design Office Manager
Salary £40,000 - £55,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Temporary Works Design Engineer for a very establish company based in Eaton Socon, St Neots.
Our client design, license manufacture and distribute specialist scaffold, access, weather protection, event and safety equipment. It trades in over 100 countries, and are leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of mechanical and non-mechanical construction equipment and have a worldwide reputation for innovation, quality and service, with a group turnover of €3.5B. They are now entering a period of rapid growth and need ambitious, self-motivated and talented staff to enable its various products and services to be developed, distributed and supported globally.
Based from our offices in Eaton Socon, the successful candidate will be a part of a small team and will support in-house engineering, marketing and sales functions, supporting existing customers and the group companies both in the UK and overseas. In addition to supporting its own products in the field, they operate a contract design service undertaking temporary works designs for temporary works contractors, constructions companies, main contractors, specialist event, concert, seating and stage companies.
The Engineering department produces product manufacturing drawings in 2D&3D, project site application drawings and detailed structural calculations for both products and projects. The department also produces technical details, 3D animations, marketing literature and web content. It also provides technical support for sales, customers and checking authorities across the UK Europe.
Our clients is committed to providing the highest level of service and all will be afforded every opportunity for training and personal development.
They are looking for an engineer who has had experience in Structural Steel Systems/Scaffold/Formwork/Falsework and Non-mechanical construction equipment to develop the internal resources. You will need to have knowledge of the construction industry and a commercial awareness and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Take Control of all technical and compliance issues relating to a substantial portfolio of products,
keep up to date with British and EN standards and Industry requirements.
• Control in-house technical specification for products
• Catalogue products for internal use
• Liaise with Marketing Department to ensure correct technical information is published
• Deal with technical enquiries from internal and external customers
• Assume responsibility for compliance of products to relevant EN or BS
• Basic design and/or analysis to support products
• Liaise with suppliers regarding technical matters and product development
• Identify the need for and arrange testing of products where necessary
• Liaise with consultants in the preparation of technical data and/or bespoke software
• Working with Quality Department to control product specification/inspection
• Deliver Internal Technical Training on products to staff
• Ability to manage small team of technicians
• BEng / MEng in Civil / Structural
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Knowledge of the requirements of WAHR 2005
• AutoCAD draughting skills
• Practical Knowledge of Scaffolding and Temporary works would be an advantage
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to recognise and work to deadlines
The ideal candidate will have membership of a professional institution - CEng status or similar, however candidates with exceptional experience will also be considered. We can offer a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
25 days plus bank holidays
Hours 8am-5pm Monday - Friday