Job detailsJob: Front End Developer (UX/UI) Salary circa 45000
Location: Central Dunstable, Beds
Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hrs per week
Benefits: enhanced pension
Overview of the Front End Developer (UX/UI)
The Developer (Front End) is responsible for the “look and feel” the group companies developed applications and Web sites, ensuring that all systems are intuitive i.e can be used without any instruction or training by our Customers.
As our Front End Developer you will be responsible for:-
• Creating a ground-breaking Front End experience for our customers
• Working within a Continuous Integration /Continuous Development (CI/CD) environment using the latest tools and technologies
• Assisting with our push towards a fully Agile environment within our uniquely collaborative development environment• Promoting and driving application best practices within the development team
Day to Day Duties Will Include:
- Key interface between Developer team and Marketing / Sales teams.
- Monitor the group companies developed applications and Web sites performance against agreed SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Escalate to, and coordinate with, other IT teams as necessary.
- Ensure Developer team follow IT Policies and Procedures in line with the implemented Agile & ITIL framework.
- Responsible for ensuring internal Developer documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Plan, manage and execute Developer project requirements.
- Act as a project resource supporting projects as required.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Provide support and assistance to entire Service Delivery function.
Person Spec for the Front End Developer (UX/UI)
You will have the following:
Strong communication and customer facing skills
Experience of designing and developing UX for applications and Web sites
General knowledge and understanding of IT systems, Cloud and ASP.Net architecture
Ability to react quickly to changing priorities by being flexible, proactive and cooperative at all times
Accurate and with high attention to detail
Time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
Proactive approach with a willingness to look for solutions and answers to problems
Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
Excellent customer service skills – ability to recognise the needs of the team’s customers and provide the best level of customer service
Flexible and ‘can do’ approach, with a willingness to help and support the IT team and their customer
An Understanding of the Agile & ITIL frameworks
A Broad range of Technical knowledge and expertise: - operating systems, ASP.Net, HTML5, LAMP, Java, Cloud computing and hosting. As well as Agile tools and techniques.
What you'll need to succeed
The Successful Front End Developer will possess a combination of the following skills:-
- Strong knowledge of emerging software development methods, tools and standards
- Experience in modern frameworks including Angular, React, Redux or Node
- Exposure to automation testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Jasmine, Jest, Karma, Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, Nightwatch would be advantageous but not essential
this is to start asap so if you are that creative front end Developer then please send your cv to James Newbury Appointments for immediate review.
We will respond within 3 working days, however if you do not hear back, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in this instance. Please do keep an eye out for other roles though as we would love to help if we can, Thanks.