Job detailsJob Role: Developer (Mobile Applications) Salary: circa 45000
Location: Central Beds Hours: M-F 830-530 (35 hours pw)
Overview of the Developer of Mobile Apps
The Developer (Mobile Apps) is responsible for the day to day management of the group companies developed mobile applications and API’s, providing a high demand service to the business.
The Development team will develop and enhance the companies applications and web sites / portals as part of an Agile team.
The Developer will have experience in transforming building Mobile Apps as well as Front End and Back End API’s.
Working with continuous development and integration of the in house developed core companies Applications.
Additionally, ensuring stability of those applications including that all incidents, problems and requests are resolved within the agreed SLA’s and KPI’s, in a timely and professional manner.
The Developer is responsible for Administration, Management and Maintenance of the companies Online Certification System, an internally developed application, Web Site and Customer Portal. Current systems are developed using ASP.Net and HTML5 with Xamian for Mobile App development.
The role of the Developer is to primarily implement, maintain and upgrade existing and new systems in line with the Development teams. You will provide automation which will help QA and Support teams whilst working on deployment processes to allow the team to react quicker.
The Developer will:
Provide automation tools to increase feedback loops, promote moves to CD
Introduce Development tools to legacy applications to assist with modernisation
Deployment, tuning and upgrade applications and services
Automation and codification of new environment/tools/servicesEnhancement of application and service monitoring
The Developers (Mobile Apps) Day to Day Duties
- Day to day management of Developer workload including 3rd line support, ensuring tickets are prioritised and handled according to agreed SLA’s.
- Cover Development shifts ensuring support is covered within service delivery hours.
- Escalate to, and coordinate with, other IT teams as necessary.
- Ensure Development team follow IT Policies and Procedures in line with the implemented Agile & ITIL framework.
- Responsible for ensuring internal Development documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Plan, manage and execute Development project requirements.
- Act as a project resource supporting projects as required.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Responsibility for maintaining IT Asset Management and Procurement Inventory.
- Train, coach and mentor Development Team to grow and develop.
- Provide support and assistance to entire Service Delivery function.
Who the Developer Will be?
The Moblie Apps Developer will have the following:
Strong communication and customer facing skills
General knowledge and understanding of IT systems, Cloud, ASP.Net, HTML, CCS and Mobile App architecture
Ability to react quickly to changing priorities by being flexible, proactive and cooperative at all times
Accurate and with high attention to detail
Time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
Proactive approach with a willingness to look for solutions and answers to problems
Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
Excellent customer service skills – ability to recognise the needs of the team’s customers and provide the best level of customer service
Flexible and ‘can do’ approach, with a willingness to help and support the IT team and their customers
The Development Engineer will have the following essential technical skills:
- Experience monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience of Log Management tools - Gravlog/ELK stack
- Experience of Jira/Confluence
- Experience with Containers/VMs
Work/learn bespoke Systems
Understanding of the Agile & ITIL frameworks
Broad range of Technical knowledge and expertise: - operating systems, ASP.Net, HTML5, LAMP, Java, Cloud computing and hosting. As well as Agile tools and techniques.IT degree or equivalent
For more information for this asap start role due to expansion and development, please send your CV to James Newbury Appointments for a response within 3 working days, If you do not hear back from us, unfortunately, you have not been shortlisted on this occasion but please do keep an eye out for other suitable roles. Thank you.