Job detailsRole: Development Lead Salary: circa 58000 - 65000
Benefits: enhanced pension
Company Profile: a UK leader in its service offering and a Sunday Times top 100 company as voted for by its employees. A company that continues to experience massive growth year on year and is investing a great deal in its IT offering to it's clients. This truly is a great opportunity for someone that really wants to engage and utilise their skills in a very hands on way, not just keep things ticking along.
Overview of the Development Lead Role
The Development Lead is responsible for the day to day management of the group companies developed applications and Websites The role requires a veryhands-on approach as well as supporting the team and providing a high demand service to the business.
The Development team will develop and enhance group companies applications and web sites / portals as part of an Agile team.
The Development Lead will have experience in transforming monolithic in house hosted applications to Cloud Hosted (Azure) Micro Services for 24 x 7 availability.
Primarily leading continuous development and integration of the in house developed core group companies Applications.
Additionally, ensuring stability of those applications including that all incidents, problems and requests are resolved within the agreed SLA’s and KPI’s, in a timely and professional manner.
The Development Lead is a core member of both the IT Incident response and Change Management teams.
The Development Lead is responsible for Administration, Management and Maintenance of the companies certification system, an internally developed application, Web Site and Customer Portal. Current systems are developed using .Net and HTML5 with Xamian for Mobile App development.
The role of the Development Engineer is to primarily implement, maintain and upgrade existing and new systems in line with the Development teams. You will provide automation which will help QA and Support teams whilst working on deployment processes to allow the team to react quicker.
The Development Lead Engineer will:
Provide automation tools to increase feedback loops, promote moves to CD
Introduce Development tools to legacy applications to assist with modernisation
Deployment, tuning and upgrade applications and services
Automation and codification of new environment/tools/servicesEnhancement of application and service monitoring
Day to Day Duties of the Development Lead
- Day to day management of Development workload including 3rd line support, ensuring tickets are prioritised and handled according to agreed SLA’s.
- Plan and assign Development shifts ensuring support is covered within service delivery hours.
- 90% hands-on role including the resolution of 3rd line support tasks as required.
- Key interface between Development and Infrastructure team.
- Monitor the Development performance against agreed SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Act as focal point of escalation for difficult incidents/issues.
- Manage major incidents, with focus on communication with key stakeholders and escalate to, and coordinate with, other IT teams as necessary.
- Ensure Development team follow IT Policies and Procedures in line with the implemented Agile & ITIL framework.
- Responsible for ensuring internal Development documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Plan, manage and execute Development project requirements acting as a project resource supporting projects as required.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers with the responsibility for maintaining IT Asset Management and Procurement Inventory.
- Train, coach and mentor Development Team to grow and develop whist performing team’s PDR’s ensuring all team and individual objectives are set; understood; measured and feedback on performance given through regular team and 1-2-1 meetings.
- Provide support and assistance to entire Service Delivery function.
What the Development Lead Needs to have/be:
The right person will have:
Strong communication and customer facing skills
Be Experience of managing and leading a Development team
Have a good General knowledge and understanding of IT systems, Cloud, ASP.Net, HTML, CCS and Mobile App architecture
Posses the Ability to react quickly to changing priorities by being flexible, proactive and cooperative at all times
Have great Accuracy and with high attention to detail
Be great at Time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
Have the Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Possess Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
Possess a Proactive approach with a willingness to look for solutions and answers to problems
Be Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
Have Excellent customer service skills – ability to recognise the needs of the team’s customers and provide the best level of customer service
Be Flexible and ‘can do’ approach, with a willingness to help and support the IT team and their customers
The Development Engineer will have the following essential technical and Educational skills:
- Experience monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience of Log Management tools - Gravlog/ELK stack
- Experience of Jira/Confluence
- Experience with Containers/VMs
- Work/learn bespoke Systems
- Understanding of the Agile & ITIL frameworks
- Posses a Broad range of Technical knowledge and expertise: - operating systems, .Net, HTML5, LAMP, Java, Cloud computing and hosting. As well as Agile tools and techniques.
- IT degree or equivalent