Are you passionate about a career in marketing as a Digital Communications Assistant? ...well we could have just the right opportuinty for you working for this Sunday Times UK Top 100 with an UK award winning marketing team...and growing from strength to strength!
we hear it so often about a company and team being 'great!' - but these guys really are!
Role: Digital Communications Assistant
Location: Central Bedfordshire
Days/ Hours of Work : Mon -Fri 35 contracted hours per week between 830am -530pm
Benefits: greatly enhanced pension, healthcare scheme, free parking, subsidised canteen, on going career development support, team conferences, etc etc
Purpose of the Role:
To assist the Communications team in effectively promoting the company both internally and externally.
The post holder will have excellent verbal and writing skills, and be expected to support the co-ordination of messages through different channels of communication, ensuring that they are all the same high standard and quality.
Overview of the Role
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications this role requires close liaison across all departments of the company.
The post holder will be required to occasionally work away from home in order to support external events. As such, occasional overnight stays and travel within the UK will be required at planned times of the year.
The post holder will be encouraged to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to develop general marketing and digital marketing skills which will be supported by the company
So What Will you be Doing?
- Contribute to, and support the development and execution of, the content strategy plan.
- Support and execute the social media plan to existing and new customers and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate and provide regular reports on the effectiveness of digital marketing activities.
- Prepare and develop email marketing campaigns to customers, prospective customers and other stakeholders.
- Support the development of the intranet and other digital channels
- Ensure that technical excellence is at the heart of all communications.
- Deal with general enquiries and provide cover for other members of the Communications and Marketing teams as required
So What Do You Need to Be and Have?
- Experience of using social media platforms and well as excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office 365, Email software (Dot Mailer, Campaign Master), Website (Content Management systems), Google Analytic and Survey Monkey
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Willingness to work across the Communications and Marketing teams offering excellent customer service skills – with the ability to recognise the needs of the team’s customers and strives to provide the very best.
- Creative approach to reaching audiences, with the ability to recommend modern and innovative solutions.
- Prepared to challenge the way things are done and engage with new ideas to make change happen..
- Ability to work collaboratively across all areas of the business to the professional level required by the company and its stakeholders
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for own learning and development.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to travel and work away from home on occasion
Ideally you Will Have:
Previous experience of working within Communications or Marketing teams.
Experience of graphic design packages (e.g. Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Acrobat).
Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPR or CIM) or working towards
This great career opportuinty is to start asap, so please send your CV application to James Newbury Appointments with immedate effect. If you do not hear back within 3 working days, unfortunately you will not have been shortlisted but do please feel free to keep an eye for other potential opportuinties that we may be able to support you with - we would love to if we can