We are working with a great, vibrant, massively expanding company in Milton Keynes that provides services to the leisure. hospitality and music industry and they need a new colleague to join them as a Machine Laser Operator
Salary: circa £9.00 - 10 ph depending on experience and relevant skills
Benefits: 28 days hols
all expensed Summer and Christmas party for you and your partner
OT paid at x1.25
Role: Machine Laser Operator ideally on a temp to perm basis. Temping of 13 weeks before going perm with the team, If you are already in a permanent role, the client will look at taking on straight perm.
Hours: Mon - Fri Days 42.5hrs per week
Main purpose of the role
To laser label all of the company stock and equipment for scanning in/out. Setting up the machine for the individual items for lasering, running machine to set targets and checking marking quality is scannable.
Key tasks and Duties of the Laser Operator Role
- Preparing and operating laser marking machine to mark a wide range of products within the inventory.
- Inspecting finished products in relation to the master sample.
- Selecting the correct Jig for the product in question.
- Entering of data into the rental database.
- Checking and maintaining the machinery.
- Quickly identify any defects in the marking process.
- Check the quality of marked codes using verification software.
- Ensuring paperwork is correctly filled out and passed to the correct department once completed.
- Carrying out any other reasonable management request.
For this role you will need to be and have the following please:
- Experience in CNC / laser marking machinery.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work independently.
- Works safely and carefully.
- Detail conscious and accurate.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
- Meets deadlines.
- Experienced in setting up and running machines.
- Understanding of job and care sheets.
- Understanding of different plastic and metal compositions.
This really is a great team, company and environment offering an unusual and great career opportunity for the right minded and capable individual - if that is you, then please send your CV to James Newbury Appointments for review. If you don't hear back within 5 working days, unfortunately you will not have been shortlisted on this occasion but please do keep an eye out for further roles that may be better suited as we would love to work with you if we can.