Our Central Beds based client, is looking for an experienced Part time Credit Controller to join their accounts team on a temp basis asap for approximately 6 weeks or so .
Rate of Pay: £12 - £13ph depending on experience
Benefits: free parking
additional holiday pay
pension scheme (after qualifying period)
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 3pm circa 30 hrs per week
Overview of the Role
The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing customers to ensure payments are made to terms or payment plans in place to maximise cash collection in order to achieve targets and reduce aged debt balances.
- To chase all outstanding monies owing and maintain the company aged debt to the agreed standard.
- To record all actions performed in a efficient and retrievable manner on the accounting ERP system.
- To liaise effectively with relevant departments to resolve any associated queries.
- Raising of Credit notes and invoices as appropriate.
- To prepare and post Customer Statements and debt emails/letters within the agreed time scales.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Posting payments onto the ERP system on a daily basis. Including all BACS, Chaps, Cheques etc.
- To ensure good rapport and relationships with clients at all times
- Ensuring the legal processes of credit control are ad-heard to at all times
- Ensuring great communication at all times both verbal and written
- Good excel skills
- Good data entry / keyboard skills
- Assisting in general accounts ledgers
- 2 years experience within the finance industry performing credit control duties
- Good knowledge of general accounts
- Good excel
- ERP ideally but not essential
- AAT level 3 qualified ideally
- Ideally have worked with EMEA customers not essential though.
Due to location of this company, you must be able to drive or have transport to get there as it is quite a remote location.
This role is to start on 2 March 2020 for approximatley 6 weeks maybe longer. If you feel you have the credit control experience required, them please forward your cv to James Newbury Appointments for immediate review.
If you do not hear back, we are sorry but on this occasion you have not been shortlisted due to the needs and requirements for the role but thank you for applying and please do keep an eye for alternative roles that may be better suited,