We are looking to recruit a PCB Repair Technician for this, what can only be described as unique and fun family run company that are experiencing amazing growth in this unique sector they service!
This is ideally on a temp for 13 weeks to go permanent thereafter or, if you are in a permanent role already, potentially straight permanent.
Location: South Milton Keynes
Rate of Pay £9 to £9.25ph OT at 1.25 for weekend work
Hours: 42.5 hrs pw Mon -Fri day shifts
Benefits: 28 days hols (inc bank hols), Summer party all expenses paid, Christmas party all paid, Free Parking, Pension - and a great fun atmosphere with this fab company!
Main Purpose of the PCB Repair Technician Role:
To diagnose, repair and test of PCBs to ensure they are safe and in good working order in accordance with documented specifications, procedures and processes.
- PCB fault finding down to component level
- Rework both leaded and surface mount fine pitch components
- Modification and upgrade of PCBs
- Produce technical reports for items being tested as directed
- Work with other departments during technical evaluation of new or existing product
- Undertake additional investigations as directed by your manager.
- Inform your manager of any identified or potential problems or issues affecting the manufacture, serviceability and quality of a PCB or product.
- Inform your manager of any identified or potential problems relating to company documentation, procedures and processes.
- Provide instruction and coaching to colleagues.
- Review and organise spare part stocks, and notify your line manager of shortages of equipment or consumable items at the earliest opportunity
- Carrying out any other reasonable management request.
- Practical experience in repairing electronics and PCBs down to a component level
- SMD component replacement skills
- Excellent soldering capabilities
- Electromechanical awareness
- Know how to correctly diagnose electrical faults, and work safely with mains electricity
- Ability to instruct and provide on the job coaching to colleagues within the dept
- A methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Able to maintain a consistent work rate
- Good communication skills to interact appropriately with other employees, other Industry professionals, suppliers and occasionally customers
- Good IT skills for use with Word, Excel, Outlook and HireTrack NX Software
If this opportunity is for you
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, please get in touch with a CV. If you don't hear back, unfortunately on this occasion you have not been shortlisted but thank you for applying and please do keep an eye for other opportunites as we would love to work with you if we can.