Fixed Term 12 month fixed term contract
Hours – 40 hour week. Shifts will be maintained to ensure adequate staffing between 08:00 and 18:00
Overview of Job description
To provide effective project management of EMEA ICT infrastructure and business projects ensuring that project products meet the business objectives and realise the required business benefits, project deliverables and are achieved within agreed timescales and budget and the project is delivered in accordance with regulatory, corporate, regional and site regulations, policies, standards and procedures. Management of all aspects of projects that result in high stakeholder engagement and high adoption of new processes, workflows and technology. Delivered project products will need to be scalable, cost efficient and demonstrate long-term value to the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This encompasses but is not limited to:
• Lead and project manage the implementation of ICT infrastructure/technology and business
projects as required.
• Work with EMEA Business Groups, Stakeholders and Users to identify, understand, develop,
analyse, define and document ICT and business project requirements to develop existing and
create new business systems/solutions/technology.
• Ensure that EMEA ICT projects are established and operated in accordance with project
management best practice, with effective governance, planning, budget management, quality
assurance, task oversight and evaluation.
• Lead and manage assigned EMEA ICT Projects ensuring that project products achieve EMEA
business objectives/benefits, the project deliverables are achieved within agreed
timescales/budget and the project is delivered in accordance with regulatory, corporate, regional
and site regulations, policies, standards and procedures.
• Support and co-ordinate project activities with EMEA Business Groups, Global colleagues,
Stakeholders and Third Party vendors/suppliers as required.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path activities.
• Identify and manage project resource(s) effectively to ensure project product delivery within
• Prioritise and action project delivery according to agreed project objectives and risks. Manage risks
and risk mitigation to a successful outcome.
• Maintain good working relationships with EMEA Business Groups, Stakeholders and Users and
Third Party vendors/service providers during project lifecycle and on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and successfully execute project communication plans to all stakeholders and business
groups. Manage the impact of business change on the organisation as part of project activities.
• Monitor and report on Project progress towards agreed objectives/costs against project plan/
budget. Resolve project issues and initiate appropriate correction action(s).
• Ensure that final project products/deliverables meet the agreed business requirements and project
• Ensure that all project and business system/solution documentation produced is fit for purpose
and is compliant with regulatory and corporate standards.
• Manage the transition of project products from project to Business As Usual (BAU).
• Develop and implement operational support to ensure that all project products are supported post
• Any other tasks related to ICT area as requested by Manager or Director
Typical Tools Used:
• Laptop computer
• Standard Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Microsoft Sharepoint
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft Visio.
• Mobile phone
Will Operationally include the following:
• Reports to the Senior Manager, EMEA ICT, Pharmaceutical Services
• Work in partnership with EMEA Region Business Groups, EMEA ICT Business Solutions
Department, Stakeholders and Users to develop/upgrade/replace/implement new
infrastructure/ technology solutions, and business systems as part of EMEA ICT Projects.
• Work closely with members of EMEA ICT to deliver quality-driven cost effective
projects, solutions and services, which achieve business objectives, and to ensure
solutions are continually supported and developed.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with third party service providers to
deliver quality-driven cost effective projects, solutions and services, which achieve
Degree qualified (preferable)
Relevant Certifications ie: Prince2
Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum 5 years + proven technical/infrastructure project management experience of delivering
successful quality driven cross functional technical and business projects that realise business
benefits. Background in Networks/Servers, which includes successful SDWAN and Enterprise VOIP
Telephony project delivery, is highly desirable.
• Business system project management experience - Background in delivering IT based systems /
solutions to Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences R&D, Commercial/Business and Manufacturing is highly
• Practical knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical industry is required. Knowledge of R &
D and Manufacturing areas is highly desirable.
• Practical knowledge and experience of using a broad range of technologies, systems, solutions and
project management techniques & industry best practices to achieve business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task
• Previous experience of business process/data analysis, mapping and reengineering in a
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coordinate functional and user testing to ensure that
implemented business systems/solution achieve business requirements/benefit realisation.
• Experience of delivering high quality project, technical and business system/solution
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Information Security and Data Protection when
• Experience of working within a multi-vendor/service provider environment.
• At least intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft applications - SharePoint, Project and Visio.
• Proven track record of working both in a team and independently.
Skills and Aptitude required:
• Excellent leadership and stakeholder skills to manage upwardly to senior management and to
manage cross-functional project team.
• Ability to assimilate complex information, assess business critical issues and then develop
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to inform influence and present at all levels.
• Excellent documentation and reporting skills to meet legislative, regulatory and corporate
• Strong planning, organisational and prioritisations skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing business priorities.
• Ability to prioritise diverse workload according to risk and business demands.
• Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent business/data analysis skills.
• Ability to identify, analyse, understand and translate complex technical, information security, data
protection requirements into pragmatic solutions.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues/customers/business
• Management of third party vendors/suppliers.
• Proactive attitude with drive to achieve project objectives within agreed deadlines.
• Proven technical skills that can be applied to diverse projects.
• Logical pragmatic thinker.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good team player.
• Self-starter, ability to work under own initiative.
• Ability to multi task, work flexibly and work well under pressure.
• Proficient with standard desktop applications and project planning tools.