Job detailsCentral Bedfordshire client seeking an experienced,forward thinking and dynamic Senior Networking Engineer.
Salary: £38000 - £48000
31 days holidays (inc bank holidays)
Days/Hours of Work: Mon- Fri 830am-530pm (37.5 hrs per week)
This a a UK leading Sunday Times Top 100 company as voted by its employees, it's a great place to work! It offers a great, stable career path for the right person!
Overview of the role of Senior Networking Engineer
Support the IT business operation by ensuring that the Network infrastructure (WAN, LAN, Wi- Fi, Fixed Telecoms and Mobile Telecoms as well as Perimeter Security Firewalls) systems deployed by the company are operating correctly and efficiently and to manage the identification, escalation and resolution of network infrastructure related issues.
Proactive management of the networks to ensure capacity forecasts are produced and upgrades designed and implemented in a timely manner.
Participate in projects to design and implement network related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage network related Third parties.
Internal / External BAU:
- Create and maintain documentation relating to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware at data centres and remote branch offices
- Manage and maintain broad area VPN network as well as perimeter Security (Firewalls)
- Ensure there is sufficient network redundancy to remote offices in place
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Interact with our vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Design, implement, and maintain VOIP phone system to include phone servers, phones, and faxes
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling the business requirements
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of firewalls and intrusion detection systems within the business
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances is maintained within the agreed SLA
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance alert logging, statistics and reports
- Participate in managing all network security solutions
- Carry out Data Centre switching and Routing design and deployment
- Manage the MPLS network
- Become the domain expert in Network solutions within the company
- Work with IT Leader to assess short and long-term network capacity needs
- Collaborate and involve in activities to assure knowledge development, sharing plus integration
- Contribute to producing budget / planning information and reporting for financial planning
- Provide recommendations for short- and longer-term improvements in the use of the deployed technology
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
Provide technical guidance around the Network Infrastructure
Research best practice methods in order to improve utilisation and reduce cost
Understand through participation in project boards / discovery meetings with other areas / departments of the business in order to contribute to where the business is heading and how Service Management can influence the journey
The Personal Needs and Requirements for this Role:
Needs to be able to demonstrate that they have successfully operated in a multi-client / user environment and can show leadership when directing team members and other project staff. The experience should include advanced troubleshooting, vendor management and client response liaison.
Should also be willing to learn new skills and recognise that their current qualifications will need to be kept up to date.
You will be expected to:
• Manage their own time and respond positively to business critical requests and incidents both in and out of normal business hours
• Able to work from home outside of normal business hours to respond to business critical incidents
• Understand network monitoring and analysis requirements to enable Service Levels to be maintained
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ensure problems and requests of assistance are kept within agreed SLA
• Advise the IT management team on design, equipment and licensing queries
Deliver solutions into new and existing customers
• Assist in the ongoing support and development of customer environments
• Understand the overall topography of the companies IT environments and be able to diagnose issues with each aspect of technology
The person in this role will be expected to have the following experience:
• Monitoring platforms, protocols such as ICMP/SNMP
• Networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
• Network device change, configuration and archive manager
• network monitor
• ISO 27001, Cyber security essentials, PCI
• Authentication systems using RADIUS, TACACS
• OSI reference model and TCP/IP stack
Also, as a Great to Have:
Cisco Nexus 7k
Microsoft Skype for Business / Teams
Understanding of Microsoft server 2008R2 upward
Knowledge of Linux OS
ITIL Foundation/Practioner Level
PRINCE2 Foundation Level
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience required for this role, please send your CV to James Newbury Appointments without delay. If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days, unfortunately in this instance, you have not been shortlisted. Please do keep an eye for further opportunities that may be more suited as we would love to work with you if we can.